Training | Integrating Social Media into a Revenue Strategy*
A One Day Workshop for Hotel Sales, Marketing and Revenue Professionals
This workshop provides delegates with a thorough grounding in social media platforms used online today. We introduce the major community sites and review how they work from a consumer and hotel’s perspective. Using case studies we review the types of activity that hotels are undertaking today to make use of social media.
The workshop also gives delegates an overview of the tools that can be used to track and monitor social media campaigns, some free, some paid for.
Delegates are encouraged to develop ideas around planning and running their own campaigns and in so doing, we unveil the key points to consider when creating a social media strategy and how this may impact revenue strategies and profitability. We further identify how to integrate social media decisions with revenue management plans to support pricing and customer segmentation strategies.
Social Media and Customer Communications
- The social media networks of today frequently used channels - including blogs micro blogs, search engines, & social networks
- Understanding and managing the two way customer dialogue
- Reputation management - tracking and managing brand reputation
- Integrating with the marketing team -the risks and rewards of running rate driven campaigns ?
Tools to manage Social Media campaigns
- Tools to use to manage social media activity and campaigns including rate promotions.
- Outsource or In House? Managing your social media strategy
- Options for integrating existing booking technology with social media sites and discussion on return on investment
The day includes two practical exercises:
- The key steps to consider when integrating social media activity into a revenue strategy
- Practical SWOT Analysis of your property and your competition
*Note this course is an elective workshop for the HSMAI Certified Revenue Manager (CRM) Qualification. The course is an Open Course, and can be attended by anyone, however where the exam facilities are provided, students of the CRM may be required to stay for a further hour following the completion of the course to complete their certification test.