I thought I was Excel proficient and just needed a brush up – but this course demonstrated how basic my excel skills were. I have learnt so much – its going to be amazing using it back in the office
Well paced and comprehensive – thanks Ally for being a patient and understanding teacher
Right mix of theory and practice – essential course for any revenue manager
What you’ll learn
Why should you attend this course?
This course is designed to
- Provide you with the building blocks of Excel as they apply to revenue management
- Equip you with the skills and techniques to uncover a deeper level of understanding of your property's profitability.
- Share the most effective tools to to communicate this internally.
- Develop your knowledge of macros, audit worksheets, group and outline data, and use conditional formatting for more effective analysis and presentation of revenue performance.
What will I learn and gain from attending this course?
You will learn how to
- Trace cell precedents and dependents
- Locate errors in formulae
- Locate invalid data and formulae
- Group and outline data
- Use functions including Trend, VLookup and HLookup to support decision making in data analysis
- Create a trend line and understand how these are used to support decisions
- Perform a what-if analysis to examine scenarios and their results
- Develop a pivot table
- Use a pivot table to tabulate and summarise data
- Present work using conditional formatting and graphs
- Practice and work with the functions above to create a worksheet using data supplied
Who is this course suitable for?
This course provides a basic building block for developing future revenue management capabilities and is of value to Revenue Managers and Reservations Staff.